Monday, December 12, 2011

Balance????

how do you youngsters balance the bike at a light without falling over????.....my engine guards help, but the bike is too damn heavy to lift by myself!!!!!!! how do you do it??????|||If you're talking about moving very, very slowly without putting your foot down, just remember that the engine provides some gyroscopic effect, tring to keep the entire bike in one position. Whenever the wheels are turning, the same thing happens and the faster they turn, the more apt the are to remain upright.





For moving very slowly, say in a line of traffic at a stop light, just remember that the clutch isn't like a light switch, either all the way on or all the way off. Instead think of it more like a dimmer switch, something you can apply partially. When following slow traffic, keep the engine at a fast idle and use the clutch to modulate your speed, in-out, part way and so on. Relaxing helps because the stiff, poker armed position doesn't help balance.





Using the partial clutch technique when making very tight corners in a parking lot or making a U turn in a street also helps.





Incidently, I'm more than a half century old and my bike is a 960 pound, 6 cylinder Kawasaki dresser. I don't know what you're riding, but after riding that whale of mine, riding my friend's full dress Ultra Classic Harley feels like a moped. And even with my road-whale, I can creep behind traffic and make a U turn in a 2 lane street without putting my foot down. If I can do it, you can too regardless of how old you are.|||What you need is a "Trike" NOT a bike.





Harley has just come out with such a model keeping in mind complaints from users like yourself. Go and check it out !|||just balance it you cant be a weekling riding a hevey bike you gotta have some strenth.|||well my ninja zx6r is about 500 pounds and i weigh 210. It dont seem heavy at all to me. just put one foot down.|||I guess have strong legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment