Thursday, December 15, 2011

What is the difference in a balance transfer and paying your bill with another credit card?

I have an old credit card that has about $700 on it. I recently received a new card from a different company that has 0% interest for the first 6 months. Can I pay off my old credit card with my new one or is this considered a balance transfer?|||It would be best to do a balance transfer, they will charge you 3% (check the cards agreement) to make sure and also check the interest clause.





You cannot make payment to the old card using the new one unless you do a balance transfer or go and do a cash advance for the money, a cash advance is a much higher interest rate. Again check the new cards terms and conditions before you do anything, you want to know how much the fees are and how high the interest is for a cash advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment