Monday, December 12, 2011

How can I get my balance without knowing the amount of the last deposit?

I moved to another state, and my mail was not forwarded due to a clerical error. I called the bank, but don't have the last statement. I contacted my job in NJ, and asked them to send a copy of my last paycheck. The only reason I am not certain of the dollar amount is that included with my pay is benefit time as well. I feel foolish, but I really need to balance this checkbook. Do I need to go in person?|||Do as the last person said, or call the bank and ask the person for the info. You should only need to give your account # and maybe SSN, and they should be able to tell you, or set you up with the net so you can see for yourself.|||With most major banks, you can sign up for online banking free. It's a great thing, you don't have to balance your checkbook based ona monthly statement, but rather see every transaction that goes in and out on a daily basis. I would try to do that first, you can probably do it without your statement. Also, most banks will give you over the phone access with your social security number and birthdate, or account number and birthdate.

No comments:

Post a Comment