Monday, December 12, 2011

Balance???

How do you find balance between your religion and your career?





I am still studying and trying to learn everythign I can about my religion, but I'm going to be going to college next year and need to be studying to prepare myself for the real world, I need to study so that I can have a career not just a job! :(


how do you find balance?|||I'm unemployed, but it seems like I am constantly busy. I just have to schedule time in for spiritual research. It's hard, but worth it.|||I am Buddhist and 2 of my bosses are mean. I bite my tongue on a daily basis. Sometimes it is very hard not to tell them where they can stick their opinions.|||One way balance comes for me is from the fact that in doing my work to the absolute best of my ability, I am bringing honor the God in whom I believe, as well as using the gifts and talents that God gave me to use for his purpose.





May it be so for you, as well, whatever your religious beliefs.





Another way is to set time aside each day for yourself, to study your religion, meditate, pray, whatever.|||College doesnt take up every second of your life (unless you are going to medical school)





The first 2 years were actually easier, imo, than high school.





Biggest suggestion I can give you is to do some internships in whatever your major or future career is going to be. Its the BEST way to gain experience and contacts.|||Do you mean time wise????


If not then you are not able to split yourself in 2, get your priorities straight.....|||I gave up my career. Even so, striking a balance between life and religion is still very difficult. God first and foremost. Everything else will fall into place.|||Easy as pie.





For your sake I will continue with the term "religion"-although its too broad a term.





Heres how-----'be who you are', then do what you think you need to do.





In other words.........I am a religious person. I do not try to balance it--"I am it". While I am being the religious person I am- I work my job, or study my books, or what ever you do. You don't have to stop being what you are in order to learn or work.


If you are a Christian- you can not turn it off- to go do something else- then come back and be Christian.|||My religion stresses





SELF-MASTERY





Intrapersonal Secrets are key ways of developing oneself. We teach how to develop unshakable determination, critical thinking, calm focus and a love for life, all in the pursuit of whatever goals each member chooses. These Secrets go well beyond common self-help material, as we understand details about the human psyche that remain hidden to the public.





SOCIAL POWER





Interpersonal Secrets give members key tools for getting the most out of their interactions with others. This includes developing fulfilling relationships, being an effective leader and making an intended first impression. Again, this comes from our deep understanding of subtle aspects of the human psyche.





and





ACCUMULATING WEALTH





Financial Secrets provide members with ways of becoming financially independent. We teach our members how to prosper in all economic climates and how to generate a passive income to match their expenses in a way that does not depend on their membership with us. This, too, is a product of our experience, although these Secrets have been adapted to more modern times.





So, I do not need a balance as my religion is integral to my career and both complement each other.|||You need to realize that religion is a worldview and a way of life--regardless of what that religion is, it is not just going to a religious ceremony, performing the liturgy, and then going home and putting it in the drawer until next week. For the believer, all of life is a ministry, in which one performs his or her role by living well and in harmony with one's beliefs (unless, of course, you're an orthodox axe-murderer).





Grace be unto you and peace.|||With much difficulty. I try very hard to study my religion in-depth, however with limited resources plus schoolwork, music practice, and swimming... I hardly have time. Though I think I've unknowingly stumbled across a good means of learning about my religion... here. Reading other people's answers plus being forced to come up with my own answers about what I believe has really helped me develop my beliefs.|||I'm going to college full time, have a job, and somehow manage to fit in my 'homework' religion at the same time.





What I do is prioritize and make a schedule. School has more priority over my religion personally, other people may differ. After seeing what my classes are like, like how much time I'll need to devote to studying and doing homework, I compile a schedule that dictates what I plan to do in each hour of the day. When you lay out your life like this, you'll find places where you can fit things, or move things around. Make sure to schedule enough "me" time in case something takes up more time than you thought, or you just need time to unwind.





Also, at school I tend to carry a religious book with me, so in between classes if I don't feel like doing homework, I can just crack open a book and read it. It helps if you bring a 'lighter' book with you though, as opposed to one that's dry or rather absorbing. I know some of the religious books I read I need to cross-reference with other books on occasion. Carrying one of these books with you is no fun.|||That is a complex question and many people spend their entire life trying to find the balance. I will give a very simplified answer.





Wake up early and perform some meditation or prayer each morning. Yes it will be hard at first but once you get into the routine you won't even need an alarm clock to wake you.





Treat everything that comes to you that day as a spiritual exercise. Use your lectures as an opportunity to learn how to truly listen. Practise loving kindness on all you meet through the day, no matter how mean they be. Set a time for your home work and revision, so that you will treat it as an exercise of self discipline.





Bring your spirituality into everything you do. That way you can grow each day in unexpected ways.


--------------------------------------…





I had the problem that I could not fill my colander with water. No matter how many times I filled it with water it emptied. No matter how many holes I filled the water still leaked. In the end I realised the only way to fill the colander permanently was to throw into the ocean.





In the same way my prayers and meditations fill me with divinity but the divinity leaves. No matter how many times I pray and no matter how many leaks I fix, the divinity leaves me. Only my putting my whole self into the divine completely in every action can I fill myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment