Sunday, December 4, 2011

What is the difference between current balance and statement balance on my credit card?

I'm going to make a payment but if I don't have to pay interest, I'd rather just pay the statement balance than pay the current balance. So, that's my question, do I pay interest on my current balance or just what I don't pay on my statement balance?|||Statement balance would be the amount of your last bill which, if you haven't paid it in full, is what you are paying interest on.





Current Balance is the amount of your last bill (if unpaid) PLUS anything else you have put on your card. It's the total amount of unpaid charges on your card. You don't pay interest on current balance items that aren't on a statement until they are put on a monthly statement.





P.S. You won't pay ANY interest if you pay your card off!!|||Current balance is what it is to date. Statement balance would be what it was previuously. The credit card service just has not ran an updated statement for you to reflect your current balance. Hope this helps!|||First of all if you pay your credit card off each month there will be no interest due. Check your account summary and pay whatever the new balance is.

No comments:

Post a Comment